Northern Security recognises and accepts its statutory responsibility as an employer to provide, in so far as
is reasonably practical, a safe and healthy working environment for ALL employees, visitors, and contract employees.
Our statement of general policy is:
- We ensure Risk Assessments are undertaken to identify hazards; implementing the necessary corrective measures to remove or minimise the risk to individuals.
- We provide employees with the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision, to enable them to carry out their duties competently.
- We aim to establish and develop a ‘Safety Culture’ within the Company; encouraging ‘ownership’ of this culture at ALL levels.
- We make sure each employee is aware of their legal responsibility to take reasonable care for the Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves and others; and to co-operate with the Company in the implementation of this Policy.
- We constantly monitor and assess the effectiveness of the Policy; making changes when required.
- We communicate effectively with staff and third parties on health, safety and welfare matters.
- As a minimum, the Company complies with all Health and Safety legislation applicable to the business, and strives to improve its Health and Safety performance on a continual basis.
In order to achieve and support this policy, Northern Security have been awarded the stringent OHSAS 18001 accreditation, setting the Company apart from most operators in the security sector.
The Management System is subject to regular independent audits and to regular reviews at Board level.