We recognise that concern for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of responsible business. As a company, Northern Security is aware that some of our operations have an impact on the environment. We are fully committed at every level to achieving continuous improvements in our environmental performance; reducing our environmental impact wherever possible.
The Company has implemented and maintains a system that is audited and approved to the nationally and internationally recognised environmental management standard BS EN ISO 14001.
The practices and procedures that comprise this management system include:
- Carrying out regular and detailed assessments of our aspects and impacts on the environment.
- Ensuring that we are aware and compliant to applicable environmental regulations and legislation.
- The reduction of all forms of waste through waste minimalisation plans and programmes.
- The continued reduction of raw material use wherever possible.
- The continued reduction of use of all forms of natural resources wherever possible.
- The continued reduction of emissions and all forms of pollution on the environment.
To ensure that our Environmental Management System remains effective and our goals are achieved, we set and measure ourselves against environmental targets; regularly subjecting our environmental management system to auditing and reviews that are formally discussed at Board level.
This environmental policy is communicated to, and understood by, all staff within the Company through ongoing training and information bulletins.
In addition, third party suppliers are selected on the basis of their commitment to, and continual reduction of their impact on the environment.